Frequently Asked Questions
- What are the program requirements for applicants?
- What is the application and registration procedure?
- What kind of visa do I need to attend the program?
- What does the program cost and what does it include?
- What is the tuition payment and refund policy?
- Where is the program and what accommodation do you provide?
- What is the difference between Junior GLA and Senior GLA (Canada location)?
- What does the 6 months of post-program coaching include?
The Powerful Youth Global Leadership Academy is open to all youth from around the world. Our only requirement for admission into this youth summer program is that you are age 12-18 (Canada location) or age 14-18 (UK location) at the time of the program.
All instruction is done in English, however, we do not have any mandatory minimum English language requirements since we are an experiential leadership training program. We suggest that students do try to have at least a proficient level of English (IELTS 4 or CEFR A2), or the ability to speak and understand short statements and questions in English, but this is not a mandatory requirement. By far the most important requirement is to have a positive attitude, be excited to go out of your comfort zone, and have the desire to develop your skills as a young leader. Students will be expected to speak in English at all times during the program, including in their rooms and during free time, in order to create an inclusive environment.
1. Apply for your program of choice via our online application form
2. Receive your program acceptance confirmation email (within 3 business days), and review all program details and information provided
3. Reply to the acceptance email to confirm your attendance
4. Make your US$ 325 deposit payment (via PayPal or wire transfer) within 30 days to officially register for the program
5. Receive your program registration letter and (if traveling from abroad) letter of authorization and custodianship
6. If required, apply for a visitor visa to Canada or the UK.
7. Make your payment in full by May 31st, 2024.
8. Submit the mandatory forms and waivers (shared in April 2024) by May 31st, 2024.
International participants require a standard visitor/tourist visa to enter the country to attend the program. A student visa is NOT required to attend GLA, and we do not provide the documentation required for study applications in Canada or the UK.
Do I need a visa to enter Canada? https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/visas.asp
What is required for minors applying for a visitor visa to Canada? https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/visit-canada/minor-children-travelling-canada.html
Do I need a visa to enter the UK? https://www.gov.uk/check-uk-visa/y
What is required for minors applying for a Standard Visitor Visa to the UK? https://www.gov.uk/standard-visitor/if-youre-under-18
We provide the following documentation for international minors to apply for a visitor visa (if necessary) once we receive the deposit payment.
– Letter of Program Registration
– Letter of Authorization (to be signed by parents/guardians before travel)
Global Leadership Academy Canada 2024 tuition
GLA: US$ 3275
GLA + Best of BC Tour: US$ 4720
Global Leadership Academy England 2023 tuition
GLA: US$ 3550
GLA + Best of England Tour: US$ 5200
All programs include:
– Full room and board (all meals and accommodation)
– All program materials and activity fees
– Local emergency health insurance for the duration of the program
– 6 months of post-program support, including 1-hour one-on-one virtual coaching session
– Pick-up and drop-off transfers at the select locations below:
– Arrivals: Victoria Airport (YYJ) or Swartz Bay Ferry Terminal
– GLA Departures: Victoria Airport (YYJ) or Swartz Bay Ferry Terminal
– Best of BC Tour Departures: Vancouver Airport (YVR)
– Arrivals: London Heathrow Airport (LHR), London Stansted Airport (STN), or Cambridge Train Station
– GLA Departures: London Heathrow Airport (LHR), London Stansted Airport (STN), or Cambridge Train Station
– Best of England Tour Departures: London Heathrow Airport (LHR), London Stansted Airport (STN), or St Pancras International Train Station (London)
Once you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email letting you know if you have been accepted into your desired program. To accept your offer and guarantee your spot, you must pay a non-refundable $325 USD deposit within 30 days, which applies towards your total tuition cost. This deposit allows us to officially register you in our program and to provide you with the documents necessary for you to apply for a visa to Canada or the UK, depending on your country of residence.
Payments for Powerful Youth’s programs may be made securely and online through PayPal or through bank wire transfer to our US account in USD.
If you would like to cancel for any reason,
– Before May 31st, 2024: Full refund of tuition paid, not including the non-refundable deposit
– After May 31st, 2024: Partial refund of tuition paid (depending on individual program costs already pre-paid), not including the non-refundable deposit
– Within 4-weeks of program start date: No refund
In the case of a denied visa for unexpected reasons, you are entitled to a full refund. Proper documentation must be provided.
If the program is canceled for any circumstance, you are entitled to transfer your registration to the 2025 program or receive a refund in full.