Frequently Asked Questions
- What does tuition include?
- What are the program requirements?
- Do you provide scholarships/financial aid?
- What is your tuition payment and refund policy?
- Where is the program and what sort of accommodation do you provide?
The 2022 Global Leadership Academy tuition of US$3,050 (2-week Canada program) or US$3,250 (2-week England program) includes:
– Full Room and Board (All Meals and Accommodation)
– All program materials and activity fees
– Health Insurance during the program
– Local Airport to Campus Transportation/Transfers (Canada Program: Victoria Airport (YYJ) or Swartz Bay Ferry Terminal / England Program: Heathrow Airport (LHR), Stansted Airport (STN), or Cambridge Train Station)
– 6 months of post-program support, including a 1 hour online coaching session
The Powerful Youth Global Leadership Academy is open to all youth from around the world. Our only requirements for admission into this youth summer program is that you are between the ages of 12 to 18 years old by the time that you apply or the time that you attend the program.
All instruction is done in English, however, we do not have any English language requirements since we are an experiential learning program leadership training program. We suggest that students do try to have at least a proficient level of English, or the ability to speak and understand short statements and questions in English, but this is not a requirement. By far the most important requirement is to have a positive attitude and desire to develop your skills as a young leader.
We are able to provide financial aid to 90% of youth who request assistance. Financial aid / scholarships come in the form of tuition scholarships, so they do not cover airfare or travel expenses. Partial financial aid / scholarships are given on a first come, first serve basis every year, while full tuition scholarships are decided in the spring after the scholarship application deadline (March 31, 2022).
To be considered for financial aid or scholarship, you must first complete an online application and indicate that you require financial assistance to attend our youth summer program. Apply online here!
In order to be considered for financial assistance / scholarship, please submit a 2-3 page written essay or create a 3-4 minute video that answers these 3 important questions:
1. Why are you interested in attending the Global Leadership Academy?
2. What sort of clubs, social activities, service, or sports are you involved now and why do you like doing these activities?
3. What is one strength that you have already as a leader?
Feel free to be creative and fun, but make sure to answer the questions as best you can. Since videos are too large to upload, please send us a link to a YouTube, Vimeo, or some other video hosting site or attach your essay in a Word document and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Once you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email letting you know if you have been accepted into your desired program. To accept your offer and guarantee your spot, you must pay a non-refundable $200 USD deposit, which applies towards your total tuition cost. This deposit allows us to officially register you in our program and to provide you with the documents necessary for you to apply for a visa to Canada or the UK, depending on your country of residence.
If you would like to cancel for any reason,
- Before April 30th, 2022: Full refund of tuition paid, not including the non-refundable $200 deposit
- After April 30th, 2022: Partial refund of tuition paid (depending on individual program costs already pre-paid), not including the non-refundable $200 deposit
- Within 4-weeks of program start date: No refund
*In the case of a denied visa, you are entitled to a full refund. Proper documentation must be provided.
*If the program you register for is canceled due to COVID-19, you are entitled to transfer your registration to the 2023 program or receive a refund in full (including your $200 deposit).
MAKING A PAYMENT:
Payments for Powerful Youth’s programs may be made securely and online through PayPal or through Bank Wire Transfer.