Frequently Asked Questions
- What does tuition include?
- What are the program requirements?
- Do you provide scholarships/financial aid?
- What is your tuition payment and refund policy?
- Where is the program and what sort of accommodation do you provide?
The Global Leadership Academy tuition of $3,050 US Dollars includes:
– Full Room and Board (All Meals and Accommodation)
– All program materials and activity fees
– Health Insurance during the program
– Local Airport to Campus Transportation/Transfers
– 6 months of 1 hour online coaching sessions
The Powerful Youth Global Leadership Academy is open to all youth from around the world. Our only requirements for admission into this youth summer program is that you are between the ages of 12 to 14 years old by the time that you apply or the time that you attend the program.
All instruction is done in ENGLISH, however, we do not have any English language requirements since we are an experienced based program leadership training program. We suggest that students do try to have at least a proficient level of English, or the ability to speak and understand short statements and questions in English, but this is not a requirement. By far the most important requirement is to have a positive attitude and desire to develop your skills as a young leader.
We are able to provide financial aid to 90% of youth who request assistance. Financial aid / scholarships come in the form of tuition scholarships, so they do not cover airfare or travel expenses. Financial aid / scholarships are given on a first come first serve basis every year and once the scholarship funds have been used we are no longer able to issue assistance.
To be considered for financial aid or scholarship, you must complete an application and indicate that you require financial assistance to attend our youth summer program.
In order to be considered for financial assistance / scholarship, please submit a written essay or create a 3-4 minute video that answers these 3 important questions:
1. Why are you interested in attending the Global Leadership Academy?
2. What sort of clubs, social activities, service, or sports are you involved now and why do you like doing these activities?
3. What is one strength that you have already as a leader?
Feel free to be creative and fun, but make sure to answer the questions as best you can. Since videos are too large to upload, please send us a link to a YouTube, Vimeo, or some other video hosting site or attach your essay in a Word document and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Powerful Youth Tuition REFUND POLICY:
If cancellations are made
- 8-weeks prior to program start date: Full refund of program fees (Deposit is not refundable)
- 4-weeks prior to program start date: Refund 50% of program fees (Deposit is not refundable)
- Within 4-weeks of program start date: No refund of program fees
- The deposit is only refundable in the case of a denied visa. Proper documentation must be provided.
HOW TO MAKE A PAYMENT:
Payments for the Powerful Youth’s programs may be made securely and online through Paypal or through Bank Wire Transfer. You may pay the tuition when you apply, and waive the $50 application fee, or you can pay the $50 application fee and we will send you an online invoice once we have received and issued your admissions package and welcome letter.